Practical Work in Systema
San Diego Systema
10:00am - 4:00pm, September 14-15, 2013
Major Konstantin Komarov's teachings come from his extensive experience in the military and police force, combined with his knowledge of the physical and psychological aspects of combat.
In this unique seminar held at San Diego Systema, Konstantin will help us explore the combination of the body and mind in practical, real world conflicts. Join us in looking at how
conflict differs from mat training. Often we are not the focus of an attack, and the seminar will also be addressing how to deal with attacks against your family or friends.
Day 1 Topics
- Differences between academic and applied work in Systema
- Preparing the body and psyche for practical work
- Short Work as a basis for practical work
- How physical confrontations (fights) start, and dealing with the first part of this interaction
- Goals and tasks of physical confrontations, ways of overcoming will to fight/resist
Day 2 Topics
- Psyche and its role in the fight. Specfic ways of dealing with the fear.
- Working on the stages of physical conflict: provocation, approach (coming into the fighting distance), beginning of attack, and the actual fight/action
- Working against multiple opponents and "entering" work
- Specifics of behavior with weapon attacks
- "Mini-exam": spontaneous behavior/fight of one person against an attacker
- Psychology and tactics of action in attacks against your family, friends, etc.
Certified Full Instructor or Active Duty Military?
Please send us an email for access to the special rate
All sales are final
There are over 100 hotels within 5 miles of the school.
Search TripAdvisor or for a recommendation please contact us.
A car will be required to get to the school from most hotels, unless they are near a trolley stop.
Limited space is available for sleeping at the school, contact us for details.
Pre-Registration is now closed. Please register and pay at the seminar.
If you have questions please contact us.
San Diego Systema
980 Buenos Ave #C1
San Diego, CA 92110
P: (858) 231-5853